
When I finished these earlier this week, my knitting group laughed at me, completing gloves for myself in time for spring. It was 65 degrees and sunny out, and the daffodils were coming up. But I know New Jersey springs, and sure enough, we're back down to the 30s today, and the gloves came out for the morning dog walk. There's a distressingly uneven vertical line of stitches on the back of the hand on the right one, produced at the gap between the two sides on Magic Loop until I realized what I was doing. But they're cozy. After finishing the first one (the left), I decided to modify the sizing on the second one a bit, so the cuff is smaller by 4 stitches and the middle and pinky fingers longer. According to The Handy Book of Patterns gloves pattern, I wear a Men's Medium circumference-wise, while my finger lengths are off the charts. No wonder my disappointed piano teacher was always saying, "With your hands, you ought to be able to do this."
No comments:
Post a Comment